Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia together with air company "Airzena-Georgian Airways" started a competition "Become an Aviator".
The purpose of this competition is popularization of aviation industry, to reveal young talented people and make involve many as possible teenagers in this sphere.
As a result, the best individual and group projects will be distinguished. The competition is free of charge and any school pupil is invited to participate in this event.
A jury will evaluate models and paintings and winners will be rewarded.
During competition the air company will provide meetings with pilots, flight attendants and technicians.
Special prizes approved by Ministry and Company will be handed over to the winners.
As Mr. Koka Seperteladze, First Deputy Minister of Georgia, announced: "Organization of the competition like this is very significant, it helps young people themselves to discover their versatile possibilities".
For the first time the mentioned competition was held in 2007-2008, making schools known on Georgia scale about this event. More than hundred pupils participated in this competition. They prepared aircraft models, drew paintings and expressed a wish to connect their future profession just with aviation. Two of the competitors entered the Aviation Institute.
Criteria for evaluation
- quality of the performance
- likeness with the real aircraft
- to the model
1. Length of the model - not more than 50 cm and not to exceed 100 cm
2. Decorative design should be in the air company's colors (white and red)
3. Logo of the air company should appear in the tail of the model (the competitors are allowed to execute logo of the air company at other places, where they like)
4. Model should be prepared by a school pupil or a group of the pupils (not more than 5 members)
5. Competitors are given a right to have an intellectual project master
- to the painting
1. Size of the painting should coincide with A4 and A3 formats
2. Painting should be executed by a school pupil or a group of the pupils (not more than 5 members)
Period of the competition
Starting from 2 October, ending on 15 December. The works will be received at the address: Head Office of the air company "Airzena-Georgian Airways", 12 Rustaveli avenue.